Saturday, January 9, 2016

Birding the home turf


Jan 9

I got a call from my neighbor, avid birder John Mulkie, reporting that he had multiple birds in his trees. This was HUGE. I geared up and joined him...

Birding the Lexington Park subdivision with John Mulkie. We had House Sparrow, House Finch, and Red-bellied Woodpecker, all in a single tree:). I added also added American Crow.

It was a very overcast morning. We headed to Caesar Creek State Park. The number and variety of duck species was most impressive. I snapped a few shots before I realized that they were all decoys.



We moved on to a safer spot, Lake Isabella Park and checked the Great Horned Owl nesting spot. It  was still a couple of weeks too early to be nesting. Some beautiful Hooded Mergansers tooled around the lake.


It was great to bird with John, but we soon had to part ways. He had commitments later in the afternoon and I had to prepare for my next trip. I had an early wake-up call the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment